Thursday 9 July 2015

Develop your drawing 9,Printmaking 10


I missed my art classes last week, so rather than attempting to complete a drawing project from my South Bank sketches in 3hours instead of 6, I decided to continue the still life and graphite theme, taking in a pewter pot and drawing it from several viewpoints. There was some terrific varied work from the other students, I'm sad to be finishing.
Meanwhile,in the printmaking class, I attempted to reduce the accidental marks on my etching/aquatint with some hard work with a burnisher. After the first proof, there was no difference, at least I made Anne-Marie laugh by saying it had done 'diddly squat', so I gave it up as a bad job.
My drypoint was rather more successful and I enjoyed experimenting with 'chine colle'.
Unlikely to be attempting these techniques again but gained such a lot from understanding the processes involved.

No comments: