Wednesday 8 August 2018

Open Studio at Allanbank Mill Steading

   Last week I  had a mini break in Berwick-on -Tweed with the main focus on Open Studios  of Pauline Burbidge  and  Charles Poulson  with guest artist Dorothy  Caldwell.  I spent over 4 hours there  and had a fantastic time.  Will fill in more words here later , about to head off to Festival of Quilts! 









Signs (detail) 

Slow Ice  Deep Patience 


Best of all I had  time to talk to Dorothy,  and I spent the last of my  FOQM prize money on  this piece ' Deep Pond, Calm Shallows' . It's just arrived in the post  and is even more beautiful  than I remembered , especially in the details  of the stitching. 



1 comment:

Penny said...

Dorothy is one of my favorite people. I was lucky enough to have a 5 day class with her. Brilliant. Lucky you to have a piece of hers.