Saturday 9 February 2008

When I was Small Enough.....

I've been experimenting with photos and Photoshop on the theme for TIF February 'what are you old enough to remember?' When I was a child I used this Victorian Windsor Chair upside down as a den or hiding place, graduating when a little older to a more sophisticated hideaway in combination with a wooden clothes horse. I took photos from various angles from an adult and childs perspective (above and beneath) then applied various filters aand combined them in layers , altering the opacity



The image below is a combination of photos with filter 'neon glow' applied and images above combined in layers with opacity approximately 50/50


The following images had filter 'cutout' applied to simplify the images then varying degrees of opacity of 'childs' prespective


20%

40%


60%

60% with colour saturation increased
Although altering opacity in Photoshop gives an indication of how physical layers might work, I think I'm going to return to previous studies in layering images printed on organza over images printed on cotton. This gives a subtler (and more 3d ) effect as can slightly offset the images.
I was just thinking what a difference being able to observe the Henry Moore sculptures at RBGKew has made to my thinking. I've been used to interpreting paintings and sketches - observing and interpreting 3D sculptures has been far more challenging. And exciting!







5 comments:

Unknown said...

this is so exciting, your concept of the changing points of view, and how lovely that you still have the chair you played under as a child. I admire your skill with Photoshop - looking forward to seeing the fabric studies

Jude said...

This is my first visit to your blog, but it definitely won't be my last! I found you from the TIF Challenge. Thank you for such a beautiful and inspiring blog.

Magpie Sue said...

What a wonderful and unique approach to this challenge!

Maya Sara Matthew said...

I love what you've done with photoshop.

Maya Sara Matthew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.