Thursday 15 September 2011

A Productive Day

 Got lots done today -  finished off my 'text' journal quilts , all 6 of them ( only supposed to be 4 so September has 3!) and posted them on CQ Yahoo group. 'The' is I think my favourite - the simplest and one with potential for scaling up. Don't really work as a group without spacing but perhaps I'll play with that - might mount them on canvases.
 In contrast to the gaudiness of peeling posters, I machine quilted my 'light and shadow' piece into submission( sneaky peak below) Am wondering how I could introduce a bit of colour through hand stitch, it's a bit dull at the moment (b&w on indigo)  Perhaps I'll print some copies and try a bit of colouring in!
Very disappointed  that I won't be doing Abstract Painting evening class as planned as I was the only one that registered!! Have I the self discipline to try some of the exercises from 'Drawing Projects: an exploration of the language of drawing'  instead?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gosh this work is sumptuous so inspiring I love it.