Wednesday 1 January 2014

Quilt Resolutions


I  sewed the facing on my 2nd quilt for Cwilt Cymru 'Connection' exhibition last night,  finishing the hand stitching first thing this morning! The A4 handling samples for the 2 quilts 'Red Remnants' and 'Red Ripples'  are  also finished (above).
I've learnt a lot  during the process of making these quilts to a deadline  and apart from finishing   my piece for International Quilt Challenge group , I don't have anything in the pipeline (apart from lots of ideas in my head).
I've been mulling it over the last  few days and rather than making works for challenges/ competitions, what I  want to achieve this year is to produce at least 3 pieces , building up a body of work,  putting into practice what I've learnt over the last few years and then decide whether I enter them for shows.
 It may well end up being a year I produce 2 sets of Journal Quilts - the  CQ challenge for 2014 is for 8 x 8 inch, too small in my experience for developing samples - I'll stick to A4 for that purpose.
Wishing you all the best for 2014, whatever your plans.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Im always trying to get a body of work together and then exhibitions get in the way and you have to conform to a title and loose the freedom to experiment.
Love your handling pieces

Annabel said...

All the best to you too, Mags.

Julie said...

Happy New Year Mags. Hope 2014 is a good year for you.

Nina Marie said...

ohhh Happy New Year - these are lovely! I was hoping you'd share this post on Off the Wall!