Wednesday 17 April 2019

Sketchbook Project V14 : Thread Trails ( making pages)

 I've participated  several times with  the Sketchbook Project of Brooklyn Art Library ) most recently in the 'tiny Sketchbook project' )   and despite good intentions and ordering my sketchbook well in advance , I always seem to need a looming deadline to motivate me.
For volume 14 , I chose the theme 'stitch and story'  and after several  false starts , was inspired to use some of the monoprints  I'd done on fabric having reacquainted myself with them on EDAM book-making classes. When stitching , I'm always intrigued by  how different the  stitching can be on the backs , ' the unconscious  side'  so assembled several 'pages'  with different monoprints/ sheets of cotton organdie  glued together with bondaweb. I then had a fun time with them stitching on the train  ( above) and even at home (below) !   



These are the final 6 pages , front and back that made the  cut ( I did a few more that didn't  quite work ) . In the next post  I'll show how they work together   in the final  book format 







  









No comments: