Tuesday 14 January 2020

A Book of Marks from Daily Drawing


It's 'Drawing Tuesday'  but I'm not  at Museum of London Docklands  but at home still recovering  from a horrible cold and glad I'm not going out  in the wild weather. I've been enjoying the daily prompts for the 30daysketchbook challenge (more in another post)  but  also sewing together a record of my  daily drawing.  
 I've started  another  'dropcloth'  ( A1 sheet of paper) which I place underneath my sketchbook  when I draw. Over the year it accumulates  paint splashes, colour trials, doodles, notes. 
  When on the Dorothy  Caldwell  course in Puglia,  we made small books using our ' dropcloth'  to practice making  signatures and sewing them together, needle weaving with embroidery floss. The paper we had then was half the size ( 32 pages, 18 signatures) . I wasn't sure  how 64  pages, 32 signatures would work   but I'm pleased with the effect even if I did lose count  during stitching in a few places!





1 comment:

Debbie said...

I love this, wonderfull work