Wednesday 11 November 2009

Textures

A trip to Kew Gardens on a bright Saturday morning with Ians parents resulted in collection of lots of different coloured leaves for my drawing class on Thursday but also another appreciation of the quieter Southern part of the garden. The raked gravel gardens around the Japanese Gateway with an occasional leaf sprinkled on could be a piece of Land Art and I was intrigued when looking through the camera how the shadow of a tree cast its' shadow. It wasn't so obvious 'in the flesh' - something to do with the camera emphasising contrast or framing the view?


And to think such amazing doors were on my doorstep and I didn't realise! These are oak doors on Queen Charlotte's Cottage - the brown wood is I think non-original from where they have restored them so you can distinguish between old and new.

No comments: