Saturday 15 December 2012

Thread and Surface

 
 Just received my copy of the 'Thread and Surface' Limited Edition  Sketchbook  Project   which includes a spread from my 'Distressed Doors' sketchbook.  

 
It's fascinating to see what other people have done with the same theme,  reminding me with pleasure of the evening I spent at Canada Water library looking through sketchbooks and giving me the inspiration to get cracking with my 2013 project which I've left to the last minute as usual!!
 
I think they chose well - the image of the door in a cave at Sougia in Crete  is the strongest composition.



 

 
The pages of my sketchbook were constructed from used 'colour catchers', treated with either inkaid or Golden Digital Ground and inkjet printed photos. I joined them together with connecting strips of non-printed colour catchers using zig-zag and then stitched them by machine using Madeira Polyneon thread.
Above are the 2 sides of the same sheet and below that how it looked once bound.

2 comments:

Nina Marie said...

this is exciting and very - very cool!! you should link this up to Off the Wall - we can both have reviews in this week!

Sandy said...

I couldn't quite understand their emails about the special edition sketchbook. Was it about entering something you had already done?

I need to get going on mine due in Jan. not really sure what sort of theme to go for.
Sandy