First thing I did in my printmaking class was to put some paper into soak for taking proofs of my etching but I had ( almost) instant gratification as there some paper already prepared in the blotter. Applying ink and the wiping it off again always seems counter-intuitive but I loved the marks and the 'foul-biting' where the hard ground wax wasn't thick enough. Shame about the unintentional mark across the middle which occurred I think when I was applying the parcel tape to the back of the plate and didn't give due care to protecting the front. Anne- Marie scanned my proof and printed off some copies so I can play with working out which areas to use 2 different tones for aquatint.
Meanwhile I did some more work on my drypoint plate of sand ripples. Although also an intaglio technique, as it's printing from the rough burr produced from scoring into metal rather than a groove from acid etching, the printed lines on the proof were either too harsh or too subtle compared to the plate itself ( below). Again, I have some scanned copies to plan what to do next.