What I liked about it:
- the composition and use of space
- the rhythm of the horses legs
- the balance of dark and light
- the variation in marks and texture
- the contrast between a small very detailed area and suggestions of shapes.
- 'less is more' and the way the eye fills in the gaps.
It reinforces what I learnt on my painting course , particularly about not have the same degree of detail across the whole surface.
Thinking of what draws the eye, the 'centre of interest' an interesting letter this week on the Painters Keys on the pattern of language.