Wednesday 22 August 2018

Cwilt Cymru Exhibitions in Swansea and Llanidloes

Nautical  Dawn         Red Flotsam 
 There's still time  to see  2 exhibitions  by Cwilt   Cymru  at Swansea  Museum  as part of Swansea Festival of Stitch  and    Minerva Arts Centre  in Llanidloes

 At Swansea  we're  showing work  from 2 collections : ' Connection'  and 'Traces/Olion' . The 2  red quilts I have  there  are actually the 2 pieces I made from same old quilt  as my  Connection pieces , it's great to  show them  together for the first time.
Hidden Fractures 
  From the ' Traces/Olion'  collection ,  the 2 indigo pieces incorporating  a sheer layer of indigo shibori   were selected to show. These don't photograph well  ( as I described here)  but  when they were  displayed  at  Stockport, they proved very popular  with viewers.
Indigo Ripples
  Indigo  also features  in one of my 'Cynefin' quilts   at Minerva  as  part of 'Welsh Connections'  ( short film here)
 Voice of the Waters

 Gifts to the Gods
 My other 'Cynfin' quilt ' Gifts to the Gods'  is  one of a series  based on losing my wedding rings on Catfield Fen! 

No comments: