Saturday 24 November 2018

EDAM week 7 : Projections, Scale , Process




A one week  project this week on EDAM course with Lucinda on scale  and process  using projections. 
I had to leave early as I was feeling unwell  with my first cold in 2 years.   After a few days with mornings in bed  feeling sorry for myself I'm on the  mend   tho' going through a lot of tissues....  So I was definately under parr  when it came to  collaborating in small  groups , trying  to make decisions  -  some nice work produced by others   but not by me ! 

Started off   with Lucinda  demonstrating different  way of using  acetates on OHP projector . I liked the idea of projecting images as large as possible and getting inside the painting/ drawing yourself  or putting a  sheet over yourself and having image projected on you or casting the picture around the room. 

  Our small group had fun layering acetates of  our drawings - quite different marks and styles, although  perhaps 4 people was too much - ( there were only a limited number of OHP's). Drawing onto paper from the projections and then switching it off , showed  some interesting results ( below)
  The introduction  of colour and  different kinds of marks
  Using a acetate photocopy of one of my photos of boats at Iron Wharf   gave a different dimension

 Then Janet added  some vigorous ink marks replicating the lines on  projected building

  Final piece after some more additions of colour - not great art or composition but definately a record of processes! 

 I used OHP  projections  as part of  Contemporary Painting  Studio  course with Lucinda -   it wasn't really a technique that worked for me  - I  prefer  to do manipulations etc in Photoshop. However they had  some  dinky little digital projectors  which some people were using  with tablets  etc and  that gave me the push to get round to replacing my laptop ( new one arrived today) and I'm on the lookout now for a digital projector that I can also use for talks. 
I've used a slide projector in the past to scale up my photos ( including sand  dunes in Morocco for quilted piece 'Erg Chebbi' ) so I'm keen to explore new technology.  






No comments: