Wednesday 31 December 2008

12 x 12 x 12 Taking Stock



As an end-of-2008 exercise it's interesting to put all my CQ 12 x 12 inch Journal quilts together and see some of the common themes ( and favourite colours). Most involved acrylic paint but also wavy lines cropped up a lot, with a move to a different shape at the end of the year. The themes were either fields or coastal and often trial samples for larger pieces
Not sure yet what format I'll be doing Journal quilts next year but I'll definately be doing them- it will be my 7th year!
While I don't have a 'bah humbug' attitude to Christmas , I do to New Year Celebrations ( too many awful ones with forced jollity) , not sure I'll be staying up.
Look forward to catching up with you all next year.































2 comments:

Aussie Jo said...

Fantastic quilts. I find it amazing that they look so wonderful together, must be experience.
Re New Years Eve, I think you get to an age where you're just as happy to go to bed early!!!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Impressive group - thanks for sharing and showing them as a group. Interesting, isn't it?