Alas, neither of these pieces has made much of a dint in the stash, some of which is pictured above. The sheets are very efficient at 'grabbing' loose dye in clothes when washed. The main palette is greys (of a purplish tint) although I look forward to when Ian wears either his green or red Indian cotton shirts (before 'Colour Catchers' the result of washing was pink pants). The trouble is , as with many a stash, is in using it up rather than admiring it (especially with the more unusual colours - I know I'll be continually adding more greys).
At least it makes doing the washing more rewarding. Sometimes if the sheet folds up in the wash it 'dyes' unevenly , with a 'shibori' look. I also rather like the crumpled effect (this was lost in ironing on bondaweb, the resulting texture was more like a suede).
I've also found the 'colour catcher' sheets absorb paint well in monoprinting with acrylics. These examples are for extending and replacing sections of the piece I started in a Cas Holmes workshop. I wasn't happy with some of those printed on paper which have become even more crumpled after 18 months up on a design board - the colour catcher sheets seem like a good compromise