Saturday 28 January 2012

Sketchbook Posted

 Just posted my 'Grey Side of Life' sketchbook to Brooklyn Art Library (the deadline was 31 January) after scanning it, taking photos  and saying goodbye ( but at least I might see it again when it tours to London )
 I was even later finishing it than last years  despite my best intentions - I rebound it with handmade and khadi papers months ago!! It contains an eclectic mix of 'proper' drawings  and experiments such as  ink blots and monoprints.

 Mainly though it is about mark making through stitch and copying the stitches in ink. One of the nice things about working on paper is that you get to see the patterns the stitches make on the back too.

1 comment:

Margaret Cooter said...

This is looking very good indeed - I hope to see it when it comes to London. (Mine is about to be posted - it's being scanned and tomorrow will be re-bound.)