Tuesday 2 March 2010

Dougga

Sorting through my Tunisian Door photos and sketches for inspiration for my next quilt, I realised I'd fallen behind in posting images about some of the sites we went to in Tunisia ( I wasn't totally obsessed with doors - just a bit) .
Dougga, the last Roman site we visited on our tour was probably the most impressive. Apart from the size of the site and the number of relatively intact buildings which gave a real sense of a city ( and the fact it was sunny!), the real star was the setting, in a wonderful landscape of distant mountains and olive groves. While Ian went on the guided tour of the site, on the tour leaders recommendation, I headed for the Temple of Saturn which had panoramic views of the surrounding countryside and did a bit of 'colouring in' , trying to capture the ever-moving shadows.

No comments: