Wednesday 16 October 2019

DRAW Art Fair Saatchi Gallery


 Another lost  draft, worth posting  even without the links to the artists, it was a very stimulating exhibition 

In EDAM class  on Wednesday  , some of us were comparing our favourites  ( showing photos on our phones !) from  DRAW  Art Fair . I spent most of Saturday there working my way down from the 2nd floor  with a  break for  a rather nice  ( if expensive)  lunch in the pop up café and came away hugely inspired.  I made notes in my sketchbook and  on the train coming home a few  sketches of techniques  in my daily drawing sketchbook ( above) while still fresh in my mind . I took  photos but lighting conditions were variable and the reflective glass in framed pieces caused some issues so I apologise in advance for the quality of  images . As the exhibitors were mainly commercial galleries rather than artists, it was sometimes difficult to find out who the artists actually were ( there was generally no labelling) I've put links in where I could find them and grouped my findings is loose themes .   


Frank Auerbach
Some of the bigger exhibiting galleries showing well  known/ famous artists ( mainly on the ground floor ) had paintings  as well as drawings and having seen the range  contemporary work upstairs I found these less exciting . Loved the  recent self portrait  by Frank Auerbach ( above).

DRAWING INTO PAINTING

  Similar gestural marks in paint  ( above ) and in charcoal (below) 


LINES 

Thomas  Muller 

David Connean


Jason Wallis Johnson


John Franzen


Karoly Kesev

Linda Karshen



Rebecca Salter

CALLIGRAPHIC MARKS 

Norbert Kricke 

Manu Tintore

Harald Smykia
( Particularly enjoyed his rendering of "Wallace and Gromit Curse of the Were Rabbit"!)



Fiona Robinson


 CHARCOAL 

Hen Coleman


Marcel San Payo

Maria Helena Viera a Silva

Paule Vezely

Darvish


EXPRESSIVE INK 

Joao Gomes Gago

Daniel Liebskind 

Whitney McVeigh 

Minon Onuda 


MULTIPLES COMBINED 

Margarida Lagarto

Marta Fabregan


Pippa Young





MAPPING 
Lily mixe

Jason Wallis Johnson 
Sergei Tchoban
David Wightman 

 COLLAGE 
Jose Heeken


Neil Gall


Jean Debuffet

 SCULPTURAL FORMS and LAYERS

Christine Reifenbayer






Kemel Syhan















No comments: