Saturday 4 August 2012

Making Waves

 I'm thrilled to say that my quilt 'Weymouth Waves' -detail above, has been selected for SAQA Wide Horizons III which will premiere at Carrefour Europeen du Patchwork in St Marie Aux Mines in Alsace. Sadly I won't be able to get to the show, although I hope to one day.
Although constructed from indigo fabrics and stitch, this piece was very much influenced by the observation and experimentation  last year on  my painting course at Slapton, Devon  (results below).I'm  returning there  this week with high expectations, not least the delicious food!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done, it is a lovely piece.

Sandra Wyman said...

Congrats, Mags - it's well deserved. Love it.

Julie said...

Congratulations Mags. I love your use if stitch in this quilt.